We were supposed to go to Idaho and Utah for Brittany's wedding. She got engaged last November. She had planned to get married on March 21st in the Logan temple. Then the church closed temples for all proxy ordinances, and limited the number of guests to 8 to keep in line with the limit of 10 people in a room. So the reception was postponed, and we were no longer making the trip for the wedding. Mom, Beverly, Brandon and Stephen were the family that lived the closest, so it only made sense for them to be able to attend. Two days before the wedding the church asked that living ordinances only be done in the temples that were closest, the ones in their temple district. Brittany was devastated to not be married in the temple of her dreams. Luckily the Logan temple called her and said because her wedding was only 2 days away she should come to Logan anyway, and not worry about switching to the Idaho Falls temple. She was relieved.
So Brittany got married to Trent, and instead of the cruise that they had planned on, they got an Air BnB in St George for a week, and then stayed home for another week in their new apartment. Brittany's work had a policy in place that said if she leaves the state she had to self quarantine for 2 weeks. So instead of a week honeymoon, they got two! They were both doing college courses online, but other than that, they had plenty of time to spend alone - a perfect honeymoon if you ask me.
The next day all of the temples closed for all ordinances until further notice. I think their bishop had some insider information as their stake president works at the church office building.
Missionaries that were abroad have also been sent home. They are to be quarantined for 14 days, and then will have to decide whether they will go back on their mission to a location in their home country, or to postpone for 12 - 18 months. Those that have served for about than 18 months will have their mission service considered completed and honorably served. I also know that those with underlying conditions that put them at risk (like asthma) were sent home.
There are also those that have received their calls that will need to decide if they should postpone their mission for 12-18 months, or do their MTC training from home through video chats, and then wait until they can travel, or go stateside until they can travel.
David is in another category. He is ready to send in his mission papers, but there is no guarantee that the MTC will be open by the time he will go, and he may have to do his training and then wait until he can leave. Or he can postpone for 12-18 months. I think he'd leaning toward putting his papers in anyway, but giving an availability date closer to the end of the summer instead of the beginning. It's just so hard to make plans when everything is so uncertain.
