- One of my favorite talks from General Conference was Elder Bednar's talk. It was really what I needed to hear. Sometimes I wonder if the things we try to teach our children will ever sink in. Why do we have scripture study if most of the time is spent telling the kids to be quiet or pay attention? Is Family Home Evening doing any good if all they want to do is eat the treat? Elder Bednar reminds us that it is not the individual events the kids will remember, but rather that we were consistent. That we read scriptures together as a family, and that we spent time together during FHE talking about the gospel, singing hymns, playing games, and eating refreshments.
- Today was the primary program. At church the children sang and talked for the congregation. It was so cute. I love hearing the simple testimonies of the children as they talk about the things they have learned in Primary. Aaron wasn't able to be there. But I got to tell him all about how well David and Timothy said their parts. They each had two. Timothy's class had a line they all said together, and then Timothy talked about forgiveness. David quoted a scripture, and then talked about what the prophets have taught us. Timothy was acting a little silly during the first song, but after his wonderful teachers talked to him, he straightened up and sang, when he remembered the words. David did a great job singing as well. He worked really hard to remember the words, but was constantly looking to see if I was watching him. And mostly I was.
- I get a kick out of Amy everyday. She is often doing something really silly or cute. Today she was turning in circles. She would only get around 2 or 3 times before she would get dizzy and fall down. She wouldn't do it when I got out the camera though. She is pretty mellow at church, which I am grateful for. During the 1st hour I usually keep her occupied with snacks. During the 2nd hour she can roam pretty freely in our small Sunday School class. Snacks, books and toys help. By the 3rd hour she is tired, since it's close to her nap time. She will often just lay down on her blanket (only if she has her binky though), for a minute or two, then get up and explore, and then lay down again. Today she didn't even fall asleep on the way home, so I was able to put her in her crib for her nap.
- We recently removed the infant carrier carseat ifrom our van and replaced it with the convertable carseat. Amy is still too small to be facing forward, but too long to be in the infant seat. That makes it difficult to transfer her if she falls asleep in the van. Luckily I haven't had to do that very often. She doesn't seem to mind being rear facing, especially if she has one of her brothers back there to make her laugh.
- I have had a lot of friends have babies recently. For some it was their first or second. For a few it was #5, 6 or 7!!! All of these babies make me think about when we might have another one. No, I am not expecting, nor am I baby hungry. I am loving the stage that Amy is at. I'm just thinking ahead.
- I'm looking forward to our first interview trips. Part of one of the trips will be meeting with a realtor! Not necessarily for a house to buy, but to get to know the neighborhoods we might live in.
- I'm making Halloween costumes for the boys (skeleton and mummy), but I'm still trying to figure out what to dress up Amy as. Everyone says she looks like Cindy Lou Who - from the Grinch. The costume would just be a pink nightgown, and red ribbons for her hair. I haven't seen a pink nightgown at the store, I don't know if I could make one, and I don't know if it would be warm enough. Maybe I'll check Goodwill or something.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Random thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love your random thoughts Emma! Did you get your apron? What do you think of it? I think you should put a picture of yourself wearing it and put it on your blog and include a link to my boutique! Only if you want to though... :)
Shannon, sorry I haven't posted a picture of the apron yet. I just don't have one of me wearing the apron yet. I love it though! I did post the picture of it from your blog, and added a link to your boutique blog on my "busy with life" post.
Post a Comment