I fell like I haven't blogged in weeks. Well, it's only been 5 days, hmm, the last time Aaron was on call. So since then we have had a fun week. (sorrry I don't have any pictures) Aaron took Timothy home teaching on Monday. Tuesday I ran some errands with Amy and helped in the library for Timothy's class. That evening, after Aaron came home I went over to the church to help with our ward's Relief Society annual welcome dinner. I got there a little late due to traffic. The menu was fabulous - it helps to have a gourmet chef on the committee. We received a surprise when my friend Julie from my old ward showed up. She was coming to set up from their ward's enrichment night. The building was double booked. Luckily Julie was very flexible, and they didn't need the kitchen. It was a little confusing as people arrived, and we had to direct them to correct meeting. The dinner was wonderful. And I enjoyed helping out with set up and clean up.
While I was at the church, Aaron took the kids to another Burgers on the Chiefs dinner. However this time they decided to grill some brats at a park. It would have been great had it not been cold, windy and raining. We realized that David needs a new coat, and soon.
Wednesday the kids had an early release day at school, Timothy stayed the whole time. He was crying when he came out with the teacher. It took me a while to figure out why. Apparently there was a Lego club meeting after school, and somehow he thought that is where he was going. At the playground I discovered that Amy's eighth tooth finally cut through. That afternoon I watched a little girl for a friend. It was a fun evening. Aaron went straight to scouts from work. After he came home we shared some leftovers. Then I had another esophagael spasm - no fun.
Thursday was a fun day. After spending some time with Amy in the morning I dropped her off at Nathan and Amy's home, and drove dowtown to see Wicked with some friends of mine. It was so good. I wish I had taken some pictures of us down there. We sat in the 6th row. I would have enjoyed it more if I didn't have another spasm in the middle of it.
I've never left Amy that long. She did fine. The nap didn't go as planned, but she did eventually sleep. I had Timothy go over to a friend's house after kindergarten. They returnedt o pick up the big brothers. I was going to pick them up at the playground, but since it started raining David and Timothy went over to a different friend's house - only 2 blocks away. Of course they didn't want to leave when I went to get them, and I wasn't feeling well enough to argue with them. I was so grateful for all of the babysitters I used that day. Especially Amy who offered to watch Amy (isn't that confusing) even if she cried the entire time.
The rest of the evening was kind of a blur. I just didn't feel well at all. I just sat downstairs while they kids played. I was going to call Aaron, but about 2 minutes after I had David get the phone for me Aaron called. We didn't talk long, but I was glad he knew that dinner wouldn't be ready. He graciously fixed dinner while I tried to relax. I felt better enough to eat a little bit. But then started hurting again just as we were going to bed. Aaron begged my to go see my Dr. today - even though I have a check-up scheduled for next week.
This morning I was exhausted, and still not feeling well. So I made an appointment for 9:00. I was grateful for my friend Wendy who took the boys at 8:30 and walked them to school with her girls. I started feeling better after I got to the Dr.'s office. I got a new medication and I hope it helps. They also did some labs that should rule out a few other possible causes. Amy had only slept 5 minutes in the car on the way to the appointment. She was so tired. She fell asleep within minutes on the road, so I decided to go to the grocery store - she's still in the infant seat, even though she's a little too tall. It was helpful today. She stayed asleep the whole trip, the drive home, unloading the groceries and then I got her up as I took her out of the van. I didn't have much of an appetite today, but at least the pain hasn't returned.
Other than the normal stuff - after school pick-up, reading, computer playing etc. we listened to part of the BYU - Utah State game. I missed the first 15 minutes was not pleased that BYU didn't score first, but they made up for it after that. Cougars win it 35-17! Oh, and Amy still loves to make the "touchdown" sign.
I'm looking forawrd to listening to General Conference tomorrow. I don't think we'll go watch any sessions at the church because they all interfere with Amy's naps. Maybe I'll leave Amy here with Aaron and I'll take the boys. Well, maybe not tommorow - he'll be post call.
Well, it is really late, so I'm going to head to bed. Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment