Monday, March 4, 2013

Lots of Melanie Pictures and an Update

Wednesday Melanie decided to wake up at 5:30 am, smiling and cooing.  She had only woken up twice during the night, so I guess I was in for an early wake up call. 

 Happy at 6:00am
 She kept her hand up there for a while - not knowing how to let go I guess.

 Amy is very unique, and maybe a little weird.
 I don't know anyone else who eats their toast with a fork like this.

It was laundry day.  I didn't do much else other than exercise, and clean up around the house.  There was no cub scouts for David since the Blue and Gold Banquet was on Saturday.  But Aaron had mutual.  Really just a regular day.


 I took a couple of more pictures of Melanie sleeping

Thursday was slightly different since preschool was moved to Friday.  I took the girls to the city after taking the boys to school.  Aaron had a couple of meetings in the morning, so he didn't come with us.  We went to Fred Meyer, and Melanie was still sleeping, so I left her in the carrier instead of putting her in the wrap.  She slept for about 20 minutes more, but when she woke up she didn't fuss.  I was able to keep her happy until we got out to the van.  I hoped she would still stay happy until we got to the next store.  She fussed a little, but was OK.  When we got to Big 5 I parked and fed her.  Of course then I realized the store didn't open until 10:00 and it was 9:15.  So after I fed her, we went to Walmart.  I found most of the stuff I was going to get at Big 5, so I debated whether or not to go.  Amy said she wanted to, so we were off again.  I was glad we went, not only did I find better quality thing (no surprise there), but I ended up overhearing a conversation with the salesman.  When he helped me get the right side shoe for David, I said, "I overheard you saying you were student teaching next semester in (our town).  Which school?"  He answered, "The intermediate school."  "Which class?  My son goes to that school", I asked.  "5th grade, Betty C*, I believe."  "Yep, that's my son's class."  He asked his name, and I told him there were two David's in the class.  David hasn't mentioned a student teacher, so perhaps Mrs. C* hasn't told them yet.  So I'll wait until he brings it up, or until curiosity gets the better of me.  Melanie slept through the last store, and the drive through the city, but woke up when we got to the freeway.  Luckily she didn't cry too much.  Although she wasn't happy when I started unloading the groceries before I got her out.  So I ended up feeding her, and then unloading the rest of the stuff.  Amy and I had lunch and Aaron arrived soon after that.


 It was a beautiful day so I took the camera outside.  There's Max

 I saw some of the first signs of spring

The daffodils coming up.  
I had Melanie in my arms when I took this picture.  I leaned over to get closer and Max licked Melanie on the face.
We spent a little time that afternoon introducing Rick and Shari (the new peds nurse and his wife) to a lady in the ward that was renting out space in her house.  I am amazed that they took the job sight unseen, and without a place to live.  They came out here to see the clinic and find a place to live, since they will be here in 2 weeks!  We invited them over for dinner that evening.  Then the kids came home and we fixed dinner.  Aaron made some milenesa.  I made mexican rice before I remembered that we usually serve milenesa with mashed potatoes.  We also had a salad and corn.  Aaron and David stopped by the panderia for some bread and pastries for dessert.  They arrived a little after 6:00, and we talked about all sorts of things.  It's interesting how they found this job.  Stacey left back in December, and the clinic posted the job, but didn't get a huge selection pool.  Aaron felt prompted several times to just post it on Facebook - not something he would normally do. Within 30 minutes a friend from Utah said an RN friend of her was looking for a better job.  Aaron contacted her and told her how to get the information about the job to him.  So he applied, and a committee interviewed the candidates, and decided he was the best fit for the job.  We had fun talking with them but it was hard to get the kids ready for bed, so we finally had to say goodbye.  I have a feeling we could have talked for many more hours.

Friday after exercising I took Amy to preschool, and I just did some work around the house.  Mostly filing and budget stuff.  It was so cute when I went to pick up Amy.  All four girls were wearing skirts, and digging in the dirt.  It was nice outside, but a bit windy.   I took some pictures of Melanie since she was enjoying tummy time and holding her head up so much better.






 Then I took some of Amy's buildings that she made out of Jenga blocks.


I can't think of anything out of the ordinary for the rest of the day.  Aaron and I decided to watch a movie after the kids went to bed.  We had borrowed Amazing Grace from the I*s. It's about the abolition of slavery in England.  It was really good.  We got interrupted a few times by Melanie. But eventually we went to bed.

No comments: