Tuesday, March 12, 2013

While I Was Cross-Stitching...

I was all caught up and now I'm a week behind again!  The problem is I went to Wal-Mart and picked up some embroidery floss.  I was working on a cross-stitch a while ago, but didn't have all of the colors.  I carry a list of the ones I need, and I decided to get them while at the store, so now during my free time that's what I've been working on.  That and I taught preschool, and I watched a movie with Aaron and David, and I went to book club, and had a RS presidency meeting.  So I'm behind again.
  • Monday - exercise, then shopping in the city.  Scout shop, Target and Costco.  Melanie had a blow out before we got to Target, and I didn't have an extra outfit in the diaper bag - I should have listened to that prompting.  I seriously considered buying an outfit for her, but didn't find anything I wanted on clearance, so we just dealt with a messy outfit 'til we got home.  Piano lessons for David in the afternoon, and that's about it
  • Tuesday - I taught preschool.  We had fun with Dr. Seuss.  Melanie slept for the first hour!  That was nice.  After lunch the girls and I went over to Carol's.  It had been a while since we'd gone over just to visit.  She invited me to come to book club, even though I hadn't read the book.  I declined since Aaron was on call.  She said, "You're only 2 minutes away, I think you could get home if he needed to go in."  True!  How could I argue with that?  After school was cub scout for Timothy, and then I made dinner.  Aaron got home around 7:00 so I headed over to book club.  Melanie was held by Elizabeth and then Maurine, and then got a little fussy.  So I tried to calm her down.  It had only been an hour and a half since she woke up and I had fed her, so I knew that wasn't the problem.  But I tried to feed her anyway, and tried to get her to sleep, but nothing worked.  She screamed as if she were in pain.  But I couldn't see anything that might be hurting her.  She calmed down when I went outside, but it was chilly, so I couldn't stay out there long.  When I came inside she cried again, so I decided to leave.  I drove around for a few minutes, and then she fell asleep, so I went back to book club, heard the end of the discussion, and stayed for a few treats.  Melanie stayed asleep for a few minutes after I got home, so I fed her and she went right back to sleep.  
  • Melanie was back to normal that night and through Wednesday, so I don't what the screaming was all about.  The kids had a day off of school and we didn't do anything spectacular, but just hung out and played.  I skipped my workout - that probably wasn't a good idea.  It snowed a tiny bit that morning, but was otherwise cold and rainy, and just icky.  So we didn't go to the park like I had planned.  That night was mutual and cub scouts for David, and not much else.
  • Thursday - Aaron went up to the Methow for a long day of fishing.  For me - exercise, preschool, and then playing at home.  Nothing real exciting. I really wanted to wash the floor, so I did that while Melanie was napping.  Melanie did wake up with a runny nose though.  She has had 4 colds since she was born.  I'm glad it hasn't been worse though.  After dinner I had my RS presidency meeting.  We got back just before 8:30, so the kids went to bed a little late.  Aaron got home around 9:30.  He caught a few, but nothing to keep.  I really thought Melanie was going to have a horrible night's sleep with the onset of a cold, but she actually slept from 9:30 until 1:45am and then woke up again at 5:50am!!  I wish it were like that every night.
  • Friday - We hit a new milestone for Melanie.  She didn't fall asleep on the way to drop kids off at school.  So I waited to put her down for a nap, but that allowed me to get a complete workout in.  I even did about 25 minutes before she went down.  I had time to shower, and she was still asleep, so I did a bunch of other stuff and played with Amy.  After Melanie woke up and I nursed her we went to the store, for a bunch of groceries and a Rx.  She didn't fall asleep on the way there, but she did on the way home, and she had a messy diaper - oh well.  Aaron was on call, but decided to invite David to stay up late and watch a movie.  I was putting Melanie down for bed when they started the movie.  Amy sat straight up in bed and said, "Who is watching Star Wars?"  She figured that out by the music because David plays it all the time - on the piano, or the trumpet, or just humming.  Of course she didn't think it was fair, but I told her when she was 10 she could stay up late and watch a movie too.  "Can I sleep on the top bunk when I am 10?"  I told her "yes", of course it will probably happen sooner than that.  After doing dishes I joined Aaron and David watching the movie.  I did my cross-stitch until Melanie woke to eat.  We had a late night.
  • Saturday Aaron went to the hospital and we did chores.  I'm pleased to say that Timothy finished his chores in only 3 hours this week instead of 6 1/2.  It still shouldn't take that long, but I guess it's progress.  He almost got to eat lunch on time.  We sat down for lunch and Aaron asked why there were still clothes on the floor.  We found out that morning that Aaron's youngest brother, Bryan, got his mission call!  We are excited that he will be going to Korea!  We all thought he would go stateside because of the pattern that was set.  Starting with Aaron the missions were foreign, stateside, foreign, stateside, foreign.  With Brandon in Guatemala until October, we thought Bryan would go stateside.  
  • Eventually the kids watched a movie, and I made some cookies with Amy.  I made them with Splenda.  I really don't like Splenda.  It's too sweet, like diet drinks, and the cookies don't brown or spread like they should.  Sorry, not a fan.  Aaron got called back in for a couple of things so he left for the hospital, and we were on our own again.  We just had nachos for dinner and then headed over to the C*'s for Allysa's mission farewell open house.  She is one of those that jumped to put her papers in when they lowered the age requirement.  This week she's off to Brazil!  The kids had a ball outside.  I thought it was just cookies and cake (the cookies were for the open house), but they had tamales, and salad, and chocolate dipped strawberries.  Eventually Aaron made it over there and he took Melanie for a while, and I was kid free for a while.  Around 7:30 it was time to go.  We had to round up the boys and at that moment Amy fell and bumped her knee.  I got all the kids in the van, and Aaron called in to see if there were any new babies, and there was one, so he headed back to the hospital.  I put the kids to bed, Melanie had fallen asleep.  Then I did a bit of clean up and some ironing before Aaron got home.  I thought about working on my cross-stitch, but then Aaron reminded me it was daylight savings, and we'd have to get up early.  
  • Twice last week Melanie woke up at 4:00 am or so and decided it was a great time to play.  So not fun.  Eventually I got her to sleep.  Unfortunately Sunday morning Aaron turned off his alarm at 5:30 and went back to sleep, Melanie woke up at 5:50 and didn't want to nurse or take the binkie.  So Aaron got ready for work, and I went downstairs on the computer.  She fell asleep on my shoulder.  So when Aaron was ready to go to work I headed back upstairs and Melanie and I fell asleep again.  When I heard the kids get up I got up too and we had breakfast.  Melanie was still sleeping.  So I took a shower, and she continued to sleep.  I watched Music and the Spoken Word and she finally woke up around 8:45 am!  Even with the time change, she never sleeps that late!  Even being a bit late to work Aaron was able to make it to church on time.  Sacrament meeting was wonderful!  It was awesome to have a missionary farewell and homecoming in the same meeting.  Allysa gave her farewell talk, and Everett S* just returned from New York and gave his homecoming talk.  Aaron had to leave during the sacrament to get Melanie to sleep, and just before the musical number he had to leave because of a page.  I took Melanie but she only stayed asleep for a couple of minutes.  She was happy at first, so I waited until Aaron came back to leave to feed her.  I got to listen to Everett's talk from the mother's room.  
  • Amy surprised us once again by going to primary all by herself.  She didn't even wait for us to walk her there!  Hopefully she'll still want to go after missing it next week because of Stake Conference.  I ended up talking too long in the library, and was a few minutes late to Sunday School.  Then Melanie had a messy diaper, and Aaron left to change it.  Relief Society was great, and I conducted since Julianna was out of town.  Melanie was really talkative, and got a little fussy, but I was able to stand on the side and stay for the lesson.  She fell asleep on my shoulder for the last 10 minutes or so of the class. It was probably 1:15 or so by the time we went out to the van and Melanie woke up as I put her in her seat, so it was a short nap.  Oh well.  We ate something quick and then our home teacher came over.  Aaron got called in a while after that, and got back around 6:45.  We had dinner when he got back, since I wasn't sure how I was going to work the grill with a baby in my arms. We quickly did FHE and went to bed.  Aaron took David with him over to the new resident's house to try to figure out why the internet wasn't working.  And that about sums it up.
If you are still reading your reward is a bunch of pictures:
 Amy being goofy


 attempting to take a picture of Melanie

 Amy and Melanie playing in the living room
 And this is one of the pictures in the bathroom that we bought on our spontaneous date.
 I posted it on Facebook to generate ideas for new colors to paint the bathroom.  I got a lot of great advice.  Aaron and I decided on an ivory, the same color as most of the rest of the house.  We already had the paint, so we decided to get a pink color for Amy's room.  However when Aaron saw the choices at the store he found a very light pink that was close to an ivory.  So the bathroom will be painted bridal bouquet!  I don't know when though because I can't really do that with a baby in my arms, especially with no windows.  There is a fan for ventilation, but I'll have to wait until Aaron has time to help me.

No comments: