Friday, March 15, 2013

Signs of Spring

Highlights from the week:
Monday - Aaron got called into the hospital at 5:00 am  it was a long day for him.  We saw a brand new baby cow on the way to piano lessons.  David started baseball practice.
Tuesday - there was a mix up with preschool but it all turned out OK.  Timothy had scouts, and Aaron was on call again.
Wednesday - busier than I had planned.  I was going to do pilates with some friends at the church, however Aaron needed to provide a lunch for a meeting he was in charge of, and didn't have a plan.  So I volunteered to make something and bring it over.  I never did get my exercise in that morning.  I read on Facebook that a friend of mine had been pruning her fruit trees, and cleaning out the raspberries bushes.  I had attempted to do the same earlier, but Melanie didn't like me leaning over with her in the wrap, and Max kept trying to lick her when we got low enough.  So when the boys got home from school I gave the kids a snack, told David to watch Melanie and I did some pruning.  I got the roses and the raspberries.  I stopped at some point to put Melanie down for a nap.  I was able to get all of the stems in the garbage can, and there was barely enough room for the garbage for the week.  I think that counts as my exercise.  That night there was scouts for Aaron and David.
Thursday - preschool for Amy.  I read up on how to prune my fruit trees, and pruned the apple and cherry trees while holding Melanie.  Although there are two really tall leader branches that I can't reach without a ladder, so that will have to wait.  Any time I put Melanie down Max came running over, like it was an invitation to play with her.  It was also Pi day so I made this pie

a combination of recipes it's an Oreo grasshopper pie.  It was also my mother-in-law's birthday!  Happy Birthday Mom! Baseball for David and Round table for Aaron.
Friday - Amy and Aaron went to the dump.  Melanie and I did some shopping in the city.  Then I helped Aaron prepare for his campout, and I worked on stuff for the Relief Society dinner next week.

Otherwise I took pictures of Melanie on Tuesday


And pictures of Amy and I playing Candyland




Thursday was a beautiful day and I saw plenty signs of Spring
 new raspberry shoots

 buds on the cherry tree
 The honeycrisp apple tree
 The Braeburn Apple tree

 Buds on the braeburn

 The pasture grass is getting greener

 The maple tree

 Our hardy tulip

 Then I saw that Max had torn up some of the landscaping fabric under the bark

 He also thinks this is a great place to take a nap.  I don't know if you can see where the branches are all smashed down.
 our first crocus

 Apparently we missed an onion last fall

flowers on the trellis

And today I took some more pictures

 rhubarb trying to come up - in Max's shadow because he wouldn't get out of the way.

 the crocus blooming

 the lilacs are showing a little green

 the peonies are starting to come up

 The daffodils are getting bigger

 the first of the narcissus bulbs Aaron planted last fall.

 the buds on the flowering dogwood

Um, I think this one was on accident.  But it shows Max, and the green spots in the lawn

No comments: