Saturday morning I made waffles, and then David and Aaron went to help clean up the ball field. All of the players and their families were supposed to come. Guess how many came? The person in charge and his son, and Aaron and David. That's it. They weren't home until 12:30, and there is still more to be done! Meanwhile Amy, Timothy and I did chores. Amy and I cleaned her room, and the play room, and I did my room, the kitchen, the living room and family room. Timothy did his normal Saturday chores; sinks and counters in the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms, dusting in the family room, and washing the large sliding closet mirror doors in the upstairs bathroom. That took him about an hour - he gets easily distracted. Then I told him to clean up his room. Every time I walked by his room he was just sitting there, or he would move quickly to make it seem like he was doing something. I reminded him that he wouldn't get to eat lunch until it was done. Of course he cried like it was the end of the world. Once Amy and I go the play room done I came up to fix some lunch. Aaron and David came back about the same time. We just had some leftovers and sandwiches. Timothy still wasn't done. In fact his talking back earned him some more jobs. So after several reminders and redirecting he finally finished his jobs at 3:15! It took him 6 hours to do his chores. I really don't know what to do with him.
We had a snack (lunch for Timothy - he had to make his own lunch, since I wasn't done making lunch). Then they finally watched Nanny McPhee - which we had borrowed from the I*s. Aaron and I ended up watching most of it with them. I gave Aaron a haircut too. Then I got started on dinner. After dinner Aaron went to dump the recycle, and didn't come home right away. Timothy took his shower, and I got Amy in the tub. I decided to bath Melanie in the tub too, since the sink was full of dirty dishes. She actually enjoyed it, until I tried to have her recline to get her hair washed. While I was brushing Amy's hair David asked where Aaron was. When I mentioned that he was gone longer than I expected David said, "He probably went to the auction". He was right. Aaron called a couple of minutes later and said he'd bought a "buffet" that he planned to turn into an entertainment center. He'd taken a picture of it a couple of weeks ago, and we liked it. After it sat there for a while he finally asked them to auction it. No one bid and they were about to send it back, when Aaron bid $50 lower than their lowest price. No one else bid on it. Probably because it was broken. It is supposed to fold out for serving, but since we didn't need to to fold out, the broken piece really didn't matter. We we got an entertainment center for less than 1/2 what we were seeing at the stores. Once the kids were in bed, we moved it into the house, and then had to move all of the equipment over to the new one, and empty out the old one. I think we are going to move it downstairs, but it is solid oak, and I don't trust myself to move it with Aaron. So it might sit there for a while, until we get a couple other people to help us move it.
The new one.
It even has 4 spots for our 4 remotes!
The old one.
We've had that since our Wymount Days.
We ended up staying up way too late reorganizing that room, and got to bed around 11:30 pm. At about 12:15 am our security system - house alarm went off. I shot out of bed and raced down the stairs hoping it didn't wake anyone up. In the 20 seconds or so before the security person came online I saw that the interior garage door was open. It was unlocked. However the garage doors were closed, and the exterior garage door was still closed. I then realized how windy it was and concluded that it must have blown open with a gust of wind since it wasn't locked. That's happened before, just not at night, when the alarm was on. Only then did it occur to me that I could have been in real danger if there had actually been an intruder. The alarm did wake up Melanie and I had to go feed her. Aaron then went through the house just to make sure there was no intruder, that somehow got in through the garage. When I got back into bed Aaron asked, "Why didn't you wake me up and tell me to go downstairs?" I guess I should have done that, huh? If that ever happens again I hope I remember to get Aaron up, and not rush down the stairs.
I always enjoy testimony meetings. Sunday was no exception. Melanie got tired and fussy, so Aaron left to get her to sleep. She fought it, and Aaron came back about 15 minutes later. Aaron took Amy to primary, and returned fairly quickly, so I assume someone stepped in and helped Amy make the transition. I was only in Sunday School for a few minutes when Melanie woke up crying, so I left to feed her. I joined Aaron after I was done. Then I remembered I needed to pass out invitations for the RS Birthday dinner to the Primary and Young Women. When I got back Aaron was bringing Melanie out for a diaper change, so I took her. I ended up talking to some people in the hall, but got in to Relief Society before it started. After the opening I had barely sat for 5 minutes when I realized Melanie now had a messy diaper. So I was up again. I stayed for a bit more when she got a little fussy, so I stood up in the back of the room. Eventually not even that was keeping her happy, so I went out in the hall, and talked with Jennie who was also out there with a fussy baby. Melanie got tired, and I regretting leaving the diaper bag in the room, I had no blanket and no binky, so I just had to wait until the class was over.
We had lunch when we got home, and then played a game together while Aaron took a nap. Then Aaron cooked up a delicious meal. I posted the recipes here and here. I was going to help make a salad, but then Melanie woke up and I had to feed her. We had FHE before dinner. After dinner we Skyped with my parents, and then it was time for bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment