My sister is in town, so blogging time is limited. Monday I made it to the Pilates class, and then went shopping afterward in the city. It was odd to go after lunch. I had fed Melanie just before we left and she fell asleep again on the way there. She slept through the trip to the Scout office, and Fred Meyer, and most of Costco! She seemed happy enough, so we drove home and she only fussed when we were about 3 minutes away from home. Unfortunately Amy fell asleep on the way home. Without her brothers to keep her entertained she took a nap. Melanie however stayed awake the whole time, and I fed her and then unloaded the van. I unbuckled Amy so she could get out when she woke up. She didn't wake up until the boys got home from school. That reminds me. I had just gotten to Fred Meyer when my phone rang, and it was David's school. My friend Bonnie was on the other end. David had turned in his reading log but I hadn't signed it. She wanted to know if I could come by and sign it before school got out. I knew I had at least an hour of shopping and a 20 minute drive back. I asked if I could just give the OK over the phone. Since that worked last year (yes he forgot last year too - this year I remembered but he had left the paper at school). She thought that might be OK. Any other day I would have been home, but that day I chose to shop in the afternoon. The rest of the afternoon was pretty busy - typical for Monday. Piano, baseball and dinner. I wasn't sure Aaron would make it in time to pick up David, so we went to get him, but practice went much later than usual, and Aaron ended up meeting us there. He brought me some flowers white roses and lilies. Then I drove home to get dinner ready. Amy chose ice cream for dessert.
Tuesday I also made it to Pilates while Amy was at preschool. Melanie fell asleep on the way home and I had time to shower and eat something, and Melanie woke up 1 minute before it was time to pick up Amy, so I left her in the carseat and drove over. I got her out when we got there so she wouldn't cry. I got something for Amy to eat, and then I fed Melanie. I had put the pork in the crockpot after dropping the kids off at school, and while Amy was eating lunch I shredded it and added the BBQ sauce. The rest of the afternoon was just getting the house in order for house guests. They arrived at about 5:00. Eva, Dave and JoJo. JoJo was the foreign exchange student from Germany that stayed with them last year. For her birthday her parents bought her a ticket to come back to the US for Spring Break. So Eva and Dave are taking a road trip to see some family while she is here. We ate dinner at about 5:45, and at 6:30 we went to pack meeting while Eva, Dave and JoJo stayed at the house and got settled in. David got his Athlete and Craftsman pins. Only 3 left before his arrow of light. He's almost done! We got back around 7:30. The kids got ready for bed, and Melanie had fallen asleep on the way home. Aaron and I had a phone conference a little after 8:00 and it lasted longer than we expected. So we didn't get much time with out guests that evening. And then Melanie woke up so I nursed her. Aaron and I were up late working - him on work stuff, and I on cleaning up and computer stuff.
On to Wednesday. I felt bad that JoJo's air mattress had a leak and was flat by the middle of the night, so she ended up on the couch. It was interesting trying to get everyone ready as we were taking kids to school at the same time Eva, Dave and JoJo were heading out for a day trip. Our blender broke again. For good this time. We'll have to replace it. It's lasted us almost 14 years, that's not too bad. I think we'll stick with a similar model. For the price of the Blendtec or Vitamix I could buy 5 of these. If they last 10 years each I will still have spent less. When I got back from dropping off the kids, I put Melanie down for a nap and exercised. I couldn't go to Pilates because I was making breadsticks for a lunch at Aaron's work. It was for his assistant's birthday. He also made an ice cream cake. I had made the cake on Tuesday, and he filled it with ice cream that night, and took it to work on Wednesday. After dropping off the breadsticks we went home and had lunch. It was also laundry day, but other than that we just played around the house. Amy and I made Easter cookies for Aaron to take to mutual. He was in charge of the activity and made up a scavenger hunt for the kids. Part of the purpose was to get pictures of landmarks in the area as the scouts are doing things to earn their "citizenship in the community" merit badge. We just had some tacos for dinner - pretty simple. Then baths for the girls and a shower for Timothy. Then off to bed before Aaron got home. Melanie went down really easily. I was surprised. I was preparing for more crying since we'd only done crying it out twice and then she fell asleep in the van on the third day. She fussed once, found the binky and put it back in her mouth, and fell asleep. I think it helps that I nurse her less than 30 minutes before I put her down. Aaron got home around 8:30 and I was still cleaning up in the kitchen. Melanie woke up at 8:45, so I fed her again, and then went down to work on the computer. Eva and Co. arrived a little after 10:00. They crashed soon after they got back, and so did Aaron and I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment